The department runs a variety of volunteer projects across the state including scientific research, community education and manual labour.
- Volunteers are registered, insured against personal accident, and given guidance and training.
- People under the age of 16 may take part, but need parental permission and control—unfortunately, they cannot be insured.
- Accommodation is generally not available in remote locations.
- We also have limited Educational Work Experience Programs.
- Registered volunteers are eligible for the volunteer rewards scheme, which includes discounts and subscriptions to Parks and Wildlife publications and park passes.
General volunteer placements and information
Thank you to all our wonderful volunteers, past, current and future!